our JV boys were recently invited to play in the "mini world cup" in honduras. God made it happen, despite many things that came up that we now know were attempts by the ENEMY to keep us from going.
32 teams from several different countries. being a "mini world cup", each team represented a country that is in the actual 2014 world cup. we drew croatia! it was a blast.
our boys played hard. we won 2 games, tied 1, and lost 1. because of the difficulty of the group we were in, we did not advance, but we were pleased with our effort. in fact, the team that (barely) beat us won the entire tournament.
but this trip was abot much more than soccer. we stayed in an orphanage, where we made new friends and started a new relationship that we believe will continue from here. we also stumbled upon a village and ministry that we are praying about connecting further with.
now back home in Guatemala, we praise God for:
- safe travel. no issues, corruption, extortion, etc, when crossing the border
- new friendships and connections made
- no injuries, sickness, or problems of any kind with the boys
- all who provided financially to make the trip possible
- all who cared for us while there - the sweet people at la iglesia filadelfia and their orphanage
- how our rhinos ministered to the hearts of the orphans... loved on them, accepted them, played with them, and worshiped God with them. something absolutely beautiful to see.
- my team here at BVSA who worked hard to handle every detail of this trip. passports, legal docs, school permissions, food, sleeping bags, sheets, pillows, parent meetings, uniforms, and on and on....
- all who prayed for our trip!
- Jesus for your divine purposes and faithfulness. you told us to get to honduras no matter what, that you had more there for us than we could imagine... and you are faithful to your word!